Tuesday, December 6, 2011

As a new Mama I've learnt....

changetable looks

changetable singalong2

changetable singalong3

....that I have a terrible voice. And all the nursery rhymes I sing have the same tune.

But she doesn't mind.

(Her favourite for changetable sing-a-long is Heads & Shoulders with tickles in all the right places...and she seems to enjoy dancing to Nina Simone's My Baby Just Cares for Me...but to send her off to sleep I always sing the lullaby my Granny would sing to us. It's about the only thing that sounds in tune. Lots of practise I guess.)

Any songs you would recommend I add to my repertoire? Any that you or your Little Ones particularly loved?

5 comments:

  1. I can't sing at all, but my sixteen-month old loves to hear my pathetic a cappella version of "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros :) Or...there's always Kimya Dawson's love song to her daughter. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I used to sing the very same song at change time - reading that just gave me a whiff of nostalgia (even though it was only 9 months ago).
    I'm also partial to a bit of 'isn't she lovely' by Stevie Wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first photo! She's so beautiful!

    We laugh at how off-key we are in our home...but it's all good fun :-)

    One of my favourites is "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. It always brought tears to my eyes singing it to Skye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my girls both liked you are my sunshine, although i can't sing to save myself

    ReplyDelete