Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The wind in her hair

Photobucket
...oh she loves it, my Little One.

This is one of those things I don't want to forget. The first time it happened I almost ran the car off the road.

On warm days we drive with the windows down. She giggles with delight as the wind blows her hair upright, and she gasps with every blast and gust. Her legs kicking and arms thrown up in excitement. Pure ecstasy.

Could there be anything more wonderful than the feeling of wind in your hair?
...
Speaking of beautiful memories, I am feeling so inspired by the memorykeeping of this Mama. I've finally ordered a special handcrafted journal for the Little One's baby book, which I can't wait to arrive on our doorstep...and I'm so very taken with Project Life (especially Ronnie's clean and focused approach) that I'll be starting up on January 1, 2012. Yikes, there it is in writing...

*I just can't decide where to put my dream catcher - a treasure from this short and sweet holiday. At the moment it is strung up on our balcony where I can see it from my favourite armchair. It's been my most favourite purchase in a long time.

15 comments:

  1. That dream catcher makes me want to put on my crafty hat. Nesting at the moment and it is pure perfection. Love the link too, I said I would do 366 days of photos last year, made it to the mid 30s. Still love those ones though! Good
    Luck on the memory keeping! X ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the nesting phase. Hope that means the 'wobbles' have gone...or disappeared long enough for you to get crafty! x

      Delete
  2. Oh Claire, I've had my Project Life album sitting and waiting to be filled all year. One day... :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - one day! Guess it's not going anywhere! x

      Delete
  3. Oh Claire, thanks for reminding me of that simple but wonderful joy! And I'm so encouraged that you are inspired and have decided to take on Project Life! It will be great! I'm planning to write more about my weekly process so hopefully that might be of some help! Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend with the family.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already jotting down some questions for you! x

      Delete
  4. p.s. Claire - do you live in Sydney? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm in Canberra x (although I did spend a year living in Elizabeth Bay a few years ago...oh yes, that was a wonderful year!)

      Delete
  5. Oh that dream catcher is just gorgeous and what beautiful photography. What a lovely project for next year...perhaps I shall join you....
    Thanks for the link to a new lovely blog.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please do! The more the merrier. Ronnie's blog is such a great read - I'm hooked! x

      Delete
  6. I adore your dreamcatcher - and the photo, oh my! I'll be linking to Ronnie in my 52 post this week (my portraits will be accompanied by photos of our home and outings and life in the final book) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! Once little Sass' party is over, I'm so looking forward to getting my memorykeeping projects underway. I have Blurb book plans too - gosh, they look like such beautiful quality books, don't they? x

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for introducing me to such a wonderful new blog!! As I've yet to start any sort of album for Soph, I've SO inspired by Ronnie's albums - have always admired the Project Life ones but hers is so simple and stylish and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking forward to reading about ronnie and her documenting ... that dream catch is just so dreamy! x

    ReplyDelete